The Pennsylvania Avenue Main Street has received funding for the Governor’s Maryland Strong Economic Recovery Initiative (MD-SERI). All businesses that meet the criteria for the grant awards are encouraged to apply. Below is the process that will be followed to determine how the grants will be awarded.
- Must be a registered business in good standing with the State of Maryland
- Business must be located within the designated Pennsylvania Avenue Main Street Program Area with a physical address in the blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue or one block east and west of the main corridor.
- Businesses reporting an economic loss due to COVID
- Businesses location opened prior to March 1, 2020
- Businesses with physical locations currently open to the public unless the closure is mandated by Executive Orders
Grant funds will be used to help businesses with building improvements that will allow the business to continue to safely operate, expand, or adapt their business model to respond to changes due to COVID-19 restrictions and prevention. Applicants will have the opportunity to choose from a list of approved improvement options and apply for the grant funding to cover these costs.
Grants will all be awarded within 30 days of the close of the application date. Proof of funds spent must be submitted within 60 days of receiving the grant or funds must be repaid.
The application submission period is now open and continues on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted.